This course is CPD accredited #1007456 and is worth 2 CPD Credits.
This course is designed to give healthcare workers an overview of information governance and data handling legislation, including Caldicott Principles, GDPR laws, and the NHS Code of Practice for Confidentiality. It will also cover data sharing, data threats, and outline the Freedom of Information Act.
- NHS Code of Practice for Confidentiality
- The Confidentiality Model
- Caldicott Principles
- Caldicott guardians
- Fundamentals of GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2018)
- The Freedom of Information Act (2000)
- Social engineering, phishing attacks and malware
- Social media
- Information security and individual responsibility
- End of course quiz.
- Understand the principles of data security in healthcare
- Understand the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Understand the 7 Caldicott Principles
- Be aware of Caldicott guardians and their roles
- Be able to provide patients and service users with a confidential service
- Understand your responsibilities under The Freedom of Information Act
- Know how to respond to a Freedom of Information request
- Be aware of threats to data security, and how to avoid them
- Know how to respond to data breaches.
This course has been mapped to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework subject “Information Governance”.
You can view this course on The CPD Group website by clicking this link.
© 2021 Healthcare Training Partners Limited
Any copying in whole or in part of the text of this training programme is strictly prohibited. Rights of the author are protected.