This course is CPD accredited #1008282 and is worth 1 CPD Credit.
This course is designed to give you the tools and expertise to effectively handle complaints while working in the health & social care sector. As a healthcare worker, the complaints you receive can often be targeted towards negative feelings around the healthcare system, making dealing with these complaints a little difficult.
By reading the course material and completing the end-of-course quiz, you will have the knowledge you need to know why someone is complaining, how you should deal with the situation compassionately and efficiently, and what you can do to help facilitate change.
- Defining complaints
- What is a complaint?
- Unofficial complaints
- Reasons for complaints
- Reasons people might complain
- Types of people that might complain
- Dealing with complaints
- Healthcare specific complaints
- Types of communication
- Communication breakdown
- End of course quiz.
- Define what a complaint is
- Understand the difference between an ‘official’ and ‘unofficial’ complaint
- List the most common reasons someone might complain and identify examples of each of these
- Know the different categories of people that complain
- Understand the best way to deal with complaints
- Be aware of common healthcare-specific complaints
- Understand and identify different forms of communication
- Understand how and why communication can break down.
You can view this course on The CPD Group website by clicking this link.
© 2021 Healthcare Training Partners Limited
Any copying in whole or in part of the text of this training programme is strictly prohibited. Rights of the author are protected.