This course is CPD accredited #1008050 and is worth 1 CPD Credit.
This course will give health & social care professionals an important insight into equality & diversity. It will look at the legislation governing equality in the workplace and anti-discrimination laws, including The Equality Act (2010) and The Human Rights Act (1998). It will also cover common healthcare inequalities, the benefits of diversity in healthcare, and whistleblowing policies.
- Defining key terms
- The Human Rights Act (1998)
- The Equality Act (2010)
- Dignity at Work & Bullying at Work Policies
- The Public Sector Equality Duty
- Healthcare inequalities
- The benefits of diversity in healthcare
- Raising a concern at work
- End of course quiz.
- Define the key terms ‘Equality,’ ‘Diversity,’ ‘Inclusion,’ and ‘Human Rights’
- Understand crucial equality legislation including The Human Rights Act, The Equality Act, and The Public Sector Equality Duty
- List the nine ‘protected characteristics’
- Understand your right to be free from bullying and harassment while at work
- Be aware of common inequalities in the health sector
- Understand how to promote equality in the workplace
- Know the benefits of diversity in healthcare
- Know how to raise a concern at work
- Understand the concept of ‘whistleblowing’ and your protections under whistleblowing policies.
This course has been mapped to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework subject “Equality & Diversity”.
You can view this course on The CPD Group website by clicking this link.
© 2021 Healthcare Training Partners Limited
Any copying in whole or in part of the text of this training programme is strictly prohibited. Rights of the author are protected.